To promote & enable swimming in the Gorge Waterway by supporting initiatives that sustain the health, awareness & vitality of the Gorge.
Gorge Swim Fest Society (GSFS) is a united group of stakeholders committed to ensuring the Gorge Waterway is a clean, safe & vibrant place for people to swim & play.
GSFS Strategic Pathways
- Promoting Public Awareness: To make the public aware that the Gorge Waterway is a clean, safe & vibrant place to swim.
- Ensuring a Healthy Gorge Waterway: To ensure the appropriate government agencies measure and manage environmental and health issues in the Gorge.
- Identifying & Enabling Swimming Events: To actively identify organizations who are interested in holding swimming oriented events and helping them make these event come to fruition.
- Identifying & Enabling Swimming Projects: To actively identify organizations who are interested in undertaking projects which enable swimming in the Gorge and helping them make these projects come to fruition.
- Building & Sustaining Partnerships: To identify stakeholders interested in the health, awareness & well being of the Gorge and explore with them how to leverage each other’s interest in the Gorge Waterway.
- Fund Raising & Sponsorships: To identify organizations supportive of the GSF Mission & Vision in order to co-create programs that make sponsoring or donating to the GSF attractive.
- Goverance/Administration: Developing & sustaining a high performing team.
GSFS Directors and Major Volunteers
- Jack Meredith
- John Sanderson
- Nick Kovacs
- Stephen Childs
- David Nicol